As our customer, Coregas will always strive to understand your requirements and work with you to find a solution that works for all parties. From standard product and delivery offers through to complete management of gas and supply, we are capable of supporting you.
Coregas understand your need to satisfy the priorities of providing quality healthcare for your patients in a safe and cost effective manner. To help you achieve this we can provide you with peace of mind with everything from product quality, support and reliable service to flexible commercial terms and easy transactional processes.
All medical products comply with Australian Standards AS 2473 and AS 4484 for packaging and TGA requirements for drug manufacture and supply.
Pin index connection – prevent cross-connection and subsequent hazards (complies with AS2473.3).
Cylinder body colour
White cylinder body – differentiates medical gas cylinders from industrial gas cylinders (complies with AS4484).
Colourless, odourless and tasteless. Non-toxic. Vigorously support and accelerate combustion.
- Life support.
- Human respiration.
- Modern anaesthetic techniques.
- Artificial ventilation.
- Caution should be taken as materials not normally considered combustible may be ignited by sparks in oxygen-rich atmospheres.
The earth’s natural atmosphere is a non-flammable, colourless and odourless mixture of gases. Nitrogen and oxygen predominate.
- Human respiration.
- A replacement for contaminated atmospheric air.
A non-flammable, colourless oxidising gas with a slightly sweetish taste and odour. Vigorously supports combustion of materials which will not normally burn in air.
- A base anaesthetic for medical procedures.
- Relative analgesia.
- Freezing agent in cryosurgery precautions.
- Classified as hazardous according to the criteria of Worksafe Australia
- Liquid nitrous oxide presents a low-temperature hazard and should not be allowed to contact the skin or clothing.
(50%Nitrous Oxide/50% Oxygen pre-mix)
An oxidising gas mixture of nominally 50% nitrous oxide and 50% oxygen. Sweet smelling colourless gas.
- Used as an analgesic agent in first aid, emergency services, obstetrics, ambulances, nursing services and in doctors’ and dental surgeries.
- Relief of short-term pain.
- Only suitable for self-administration by patient.
- Due to a low solubility in blood and tissues, the metabolism of nitrous oxide is minimal.
(5% CO2 balance oxygen pre-mix)
A mixture of carbon dioxide and oxygen. It is colourless and odourless. An inert gas and an asphyxiant in the absence of oxygen.
It vigorously supports combustion of many materials which will not normally burn in air.
- Used to stimulate respiration in various medical procedures.
- Added to anaesthetic and oxygenation mixtures.
- Inhalation of Carbanox has demonstrated benefits in vascular dilatation and mucous clearance.
Carbon dioxide is a non-flammable, colourless and odourless gas. Liquefiable under pressure, with refrigerant properties
- Used as a pure gas or in specialised mixtures with other gases in stimulation of breathing and anaesthesia.
- In liquid form carbon dioxide is used in cryosurgery for freezing tissue.
- An essential constituent of tissue fluids.
- Investigation and assessment of chronic respiratory procedures.
- Carbon dioxide will cause asphyxiation, is inert and mildly toxic.
- As it is much heavier than air it will collect in ducts, drains and low-lying areas.